So I love reading! If you’ve been on my blog before you are probably aware of that. I mention reading as my goals for the month and year often. I think that reading is so important and makes me a better writer. So I thought I would share what I’m planning on reading over the next year. A challenge I’m doing that will hopefully get me to read some interesting books.
So in 2015 my goal was to read 52 books. I ended the year at 51.5 so not quite my goal but not too bad I think. I know there were times I wasn’t reading as much as I could have and I like to push myself to better goals. Especially when I have missed a goal, so for 2016 my goal is to read 70 books and maybe even more.
I also really wanted to open up the types of books I read. Try some new books out and broaden my horizons when it comes to what I’m reading. I’ve shared some of my favorite books before in these posts here, here and here. So you can catch up on what some of my favorite books have been. Also follow me on Goodreads. This is where I keep track of what I’ve been reading. I need to start using it for what I’m planning on reading as well but I haven’t done that yet.
Luckily I found this awesome 2016 book challenge from Modern Mrs. Darcy. This challenge will help me with 12 of my 70 books this year. Most of all it gives me new types of books to read. I tend to read a lot of young adult and business/self-help books. So by doing this challenge I will have to find some new books to read.
Hopefully I will be able to find some books that I really love and it will inspire me to read more books that I wouldn’t have tried reading before. I included the link to the challenge and the image from the challenge below. The challenge wasn’t created by me but I’m excited to try it.
I know there are some other big book readers that are my blog readers. So I knew I just had to share this challenge so that you could all participate in it if you want to this year.
So far This is what I think I’m reading for the following categories. There are a few categories that I don’t have a book for. This is going to give me a chance to find some new fun books to read.
- book published this year:
2. A book you can finish in a day:
3. A book you’ve been meaning to read: Wild by Cheryl Strayed
4. A book recommended by your local librarian or bookseller:
5. A book you should have read in school: Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen
6. A book chosen for you by your spouse, partner, sibling, child, or BFF:
7. A book published before you were born: Little Women by Louisa Mat Alcott
8. A book that was banned at some point:
9. A book you previously abandoned: The Ocean at the end of the Lane by Neil Gaiman
10. A book you own but have never read: 11/22/63 by Stephen King
11. A book that intimidates you: The Book Thief by Markus Zusak
12. A book you’ve already read at least once: Is Everyone Hanging out without me? by Mindy Kailing